BROCCOLI AND BROKEN WHEAT GRAIN PIZZA
Cracked/ broken wheat is wheat kernels that have been crushed into pieces which has all the nuttiness, rich flavour, nutrients and fiber and also a chewy texture. It’s an under appreciated ingredient and it’s also called as broken wheat or wheat rava. It is versatile and can be used to prepare many dishes. So I thought of preparing pizza with that. I had broccoli so I combined both and developed a new base for pizza . It’s a very healthy pizza base infused with vegetable and grain. This is definitely going to be a hit among kids. And I found a new way to add broccoli to my dishes…..so I’m happy. Before cooking I’ve soaked the cracked wheat in yogurt for 20 minutes to make it more softer and sticky. More likely it’s an Instant pizza which can be prepared within 45 minutes including the preparation. No kneading or resting of the dough. So simple but extremely nutritious and healthy. Being a non Broccoli lover, I like this soft and flavourful pizza a lot. I’ve added chopped and slightly fried garlic which gives extra chunkiness to the pizza. I believe you all love this healthy broccoli pizza and so click the like button and tag me on Instagram @abysenthil27.
- Broccoli – 1 small
- All purpose flour – 1/2 cup
- cracked wheat grains – 1/3 cup
- Grated Mozzarella cheese -1/2 cup
- Cottage cheese -2 tablespoon ( crumbled paneer can be used)
- Yogurt – 2 to 3 tablespoon
- Garlic – 2 pods (Garlic powder can also be used)
- Canola oil – 1 tablespoon
- crushed black pepper -1/2 tablespoons
- Onion powder -1 1/2 tablespoon (optional)
- Baking powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chilli flakes -1/2 teaspoon (optional)
- salt a pinch
- Olive oil cooking spray
– Cut the broccoli florets into pieces and stir fry a little using olive oil in a pan for about 3 to 5 minutes in medium or low flame. With this I fried the red chilli flakes and finely chopped garlic. Let it cool. Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 180 degrees.
-Soak the cracked / broken wheat in yogurt for 20 minutes.
-In a mixing bowl, add fried broccoli, all purpose flour, soaked broken wheat, baking powder, salt, onion powder, cottage cheese and mix well. To that add oil and make it like a dough. It’s very sticky. So for handling the dough soak your fingers and palm with oil.
– On a greased baking tray, pat the batter into a pizza and spread the grated mozzarella cheese on top and spray the oil.
-Bake it in the oven for 13 to 15 minutes at 160 degrees. If you want it crispy then make a thin crust. I’ve made one thin crust and it’s awesome in taste.
– Serve hot with sriracha sauce. You can have the best guilt free pizza ever.