CORN AND MOONG DAL DOSA / CREPE
Corn and moong dal (yellow lentil) with a hint of methi/ fenugreek leaves/Vendhaya Keerai is a healthy and instant dosa best for breakfast / dinner. It can be made as savory pancakes or uthappams and no fermentation of batter is involved, only soaking the dal for about an hour. It’s a very tasty and flavourful dosa with lots of nutrients. It can be served with any chutneys/ dips / sambar/podis of our choice. For the breakfast, I used to prepare it like pancakes/ uthappams, soft and spongy. For dinner I adjust the consistency and spread it like dosa/ crepes…….whichever way you have this, it’s one of the delecious dosa. This dosa batter cannot be stored in the fridge so keep an eye on the measurement of ingredients. The following measurement will yield 6 to 7 dosas or 8 to 10 pancakes of 8 cm diameter & 1/4 inch thickness. If you love this recipe then click like button and tag me on Instagram @abysenthil27.
- Yellow moong dal – 1 cup
- sweet corn kernels – 1/2 cup
- Shallots – 4
- Green chilli – 2
- Garlic – 3 pods
- Ginger – 1 tablespoon grated
- Methi / fenugreek leaves- 1/2 cup, chopped
- curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Asafoetida / hing – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
– Wash and soak yellow moong dal for an hour or two. Boil the corn kernels and keep aside. I’ve used frozen corn kernels.
-In a blender/ mixer add dal, boiled corn, green chilli,shallots, garlic, ginger and grind well into a fine paste of thick consistency. Add asafoetida,turmeric powder,salt and methi leaves. Mix well. Instantly prepare dosa. Don’t allow the batter to sit for more than 30 minutes.
– Heat a tawa in the medium flame and spread the batter into dosas , pour oil and allow it to boil for 2 minutes and then flip it to the other side. Serve hot with chutney or sambar.
One more healthy, simple, easy to make dosa / pancake is added to your menu. Try it and adore it.