ROASTED BELL PEPPER &TOMATO SOUP
Soup is a dieters dream food and for me it’s a comfort & healthy alternate from the routine.The perfect meal for chilly afternoons / dinner with simple garlic bread toast. This is a filling soup with roasted red bell pepper which adds a distinctive taste and flavour to the soup. As soon as I saw the fresh bell peppers and organic farm fresh local tomatoes I planned to prepare this soup and that’s revealed in the color of this soup. It’s really amazing and aromatic!!
If you love this healthy distinctive soup then scroll down a bit and click like and follow button. Tag me on Instagram @abysenthil27.
- Red Bell pepper/ Capsicum- 1
- Tomato-3 to 4 medium size
- Ginger, grated – 1 tablespoon
- Chilli flakes – 1/2 teaspoon (smoked paprika can also be used)
- Freshly ground pepper -1/2 teaspoon
- Fresh mint leaves – 2 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil -2 tablespoons
– Get ready with the mise en place. Cut into cubes ,the red bell pepper, onion and tomatoes.
-In a thick bottomed pan heat oil and roast bell pepper & keep aside.
-In the same pan, fry cubed onions, grated ginger, garlic , chili flakes and tomatoes. Let it cool.
-In a blender or mixer grind the roasted veggies and give it a boil for a minute to serve hot. Season it with salt and crushed pepper.
-If you want to add fresh cream then it would give a rich taste to the soup. But I normally skip that step. Without cream itself it tastes awesome.