ELLU URUNDAI/TIL KE LADOO/SESAME SEEDS DUMPLING
This is one more traditional recipe which can be prepared with just four ingredients & not much of cooking is involved except roasting the sesame seeds for few minutes. Sesame seeds are extremely beneficial for health, but are often overlooked, and they include the ability to prevent diabetes, lower blood pressure, prevent a wide variety of cancers, build strong bones, increase heart health, improve digestion, improve circulation, detoxify the body, and eliminate depression and chronic stress. It’s like an energy bar and can be consumed at anytime of the day, healthy and nutritious snack. Beware of allergy as it comes under nutty family.
If you like this recipe then please do click the like button and tag me on Instagram @abysenthil27.
- Sesame seeds -1/2cup
- Grated coconut -1/4 cup
- Powdered Jaggery – 1/3 cup
- Cardamom powder -1 teaspoon
- Dry roast the sesame seeds in medium flame for 3 to 5 minutes, until it starts crackling & releases nice aroma. Let it cool and grind into a coarse powder.
- In the same pan, add coconut and roast it for just 2 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, add powdered sesame seeds, roasted coconut , powdered jaggery and cardamom powder. Mix it together.
- Now roll the mixture into dumplings and can be stored in refrigerator and consumed within 2 weeks.