NO BAKE CHEESE CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE
No bake cheese cake is a soft and silky cake, maiden attempt of me and been prepared on a very special occasion …..today is our son Aaditya’s birthday….my son ..my pride and as usual it turns out to be the best. Whatever you prepare it with love then the result is undoubtedly amazing. He loves cheese and chocolate so I thought of giving a third layer with dark chocolate ganache. It’s really awesome and he completely enjoyed it. Here comes the slideshow of the preparation.
I’m pretty sure that you’re getting ready to try and before that click the like button and tag me on Instagram @abysenthil27.
- Digestive biscuits – 10 to 12
- Butter – 3 tablespoon
- Brown sugar/ Demerara – 2 tablespoon(optional)
- Cream cheese – 200gms
- whipping cream – 200 ml
- Granulated sugar – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla essence / extract – 1/2 teaspoon
FOR CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- Whipping cream – 1/3 cup
- Dark chocolate – 1/2 cup , grated
- Butter – 1 teaspoon
- Grind the digestive biscuits into a grainy powder, in a blender or mixer. Add the brown sugar and mix well. Adding sugar is completely optional. Melt the butter and add it to the powder and mix well until you get the wet sand consistency.
- Grease the springform pan with butter. Spread this mixture and tap it well using the bottom of a glass and keep it in the fridge for 15 to 20 minutes. Take a small size pan, but I used medium size, so the thickness of the cake seems to be small.
- In a mixing bowl, add cream cheese at room temperature and whisk high for 3 minutes and add sugar and whisk again for another 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Take another bowl and add whipping cream and whisk high for 3 to 4 minutes, until it becomes thick. Now mix them both gently using spatula. Add vanilla essence and mix well.
- Take the springform pan out and add the mixture, ,tap well so that it will spread evenly. Refrigerate for 2 hours minimum.
- To prepare chocolate ganache, grate the chocolate. If using chocolate chips then skip this step.
- In a sauce pan, heat the whipping cream, don’t allow them to boil. Once the bubble started coming up then switch off the flame. Now mix the cream to the grated chocolate and a teaspoon of butter. Mix gently and the chocolate & butter melts and gives a fine texture. Allow it to cool a bit.
- After 2 hours of cooling , take the pan out and pour the ganache on top and spread equally. No bubbles should be found. If you want to decorate it with sprinkles, chocolate chips or icing do that before the ganache thickens. Refregirate overnight or 7 to 8 hrs. Melt in the mouth soft, silky cheese cake is ready to serve.