CURD SEMIYA /YOGURT VERMICELLI
This is a perfect alternate for curd rice and very simple to make especially for get together. No fuss dish. The best part is kids love to have it in their lunch box. I’ve tempered it with raisins as it’s the love of my family. You are always welcome to add carrot and cucumber to this or else pomegranate jewels and green seedless grapes. Every time you can prepare this with a slight twist but the craze never goes off. This quantity serves for 4 to 5 people.
If you love this post then please do click like button and tag me on Instagram @abysenthil27.
- Vermicelli/ Semiya – 1 cup
- yogurt/ curd -1 cup (I used full cream)
- Boiled and chilled milk -1/2 cup (optional)
- Grated ginger -1 tablespoon
- Raisins -1 or 2 tablespoon
- Mustard seeds- 1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin /Jeera – 1/2’teaspoon
- Asafoetida / hing – 1/4 teaspoon
- Finely chopped curry leaves and coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
– In a sauce pan add 1 1/2 cups of water and vermicelli and allow it to boil for 5 minutes. Once it’s cooked then drain the water and pour normal water to stop cooking further .
– In a tempering pan add a teaspoon of oil and fry the raisins and keep it aside. In that same pan add mustard, Jeera ,grated ginger, curry leaves and hing and mix them well in the yogurt/ curd with salt.
– Now mix the yogurt with the boiled vermicelli and add milk, give it a fine stir. Now add coriander leaves and fried raisins. If you’re serving immediately then adding milk can be avoided. If you’re giving it for kids or going to serve afterwards then add milk.
– Serve hot or chilled…..either way it’s very delicious and creamy. I love the creamy texture of this curd Semiya . So that only I’m using full cream yogurt.