MOONG DAL AND OATS PATTIES
Moong dal/ petite yellow lentils split/ payatham paruppu are all various names for this protein enriched dehusked mung beans. It has a distinctive flavour and taste and widely used in India to prepare innumerable dishes starts from sweets to savoury. This moong dal and oats patties have that flavour and texture and highly nutritious. It’s a healthy snack with the goodness of moong dal, oats, cottage cheese and mixed vegetables. No potato patties.
If you love this recipe then please click the like button and tag me on Instagram @Abysenthil27.
- Quick cooking Oats -1 cup
- Moong dal/ petite yellow lentil split – 1/2 cup
- Crumbled paneer /cottage cheese – 2 tablespoon
- Grated carrot – 4 tablespoons
- Beans, finely chopped & parboiled – 2 tablespoon
- Finely chopped onion – 1 small
- Finely chopped coriander leaves / cilantro -2 tablespoons
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tablespoon
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tablespoon
- Coriander powder & Jeera powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Chat masala – 1/2 teaspoon
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- Any vegetable oil – 1/4 cup
– Dry roast oats and grind it into a powder.
-Wash and soak moong dal for 15 minutes and boil it for ten minutes with a pinch of turmeric and asafoetida. It shouldn’t be mashy so don’t boil it in the pressure cooker. Drain the water and let it cool. Then grind it into a coarse paste.
-In a mixing bowl, add oats, moong paste,cottage cheese, chopped onion and vegetables, spice powders, salt and pepper. Mix well into a dough consistency. To bind all these add a tablespoon of water or milk.
-Make these into small lemon sized balls and pat it well. Dip the patties in milk and roll it on oats.
-Heat a frying pan and shallow fry the patties in low flame and serve it with coriander yogurt dip/ ketchup.
This patties can be taken as snacks or can be wrapped up into tortilla/ chapati rolls or can be sandwiched in the bread.