COCONUT SPONGE CAKE – EGGLESS
This is another coconut delicacy. Who doesn’t love sponge cake?!?. This sponge cake will have an extra hint of coconut , crumbly, flavourful and yummylicious!! This cake is an instant hit in our house and couldn’t find time to take enough shots of this beauty. If you’re looking for a decadent dessert then here’s the one, with a simple frosting or a glaze. As I said I don’t like frosting the cake that much , so I simply eat as it is.
If you love this recipe then click the like button and tag me on Instagram @Abysenthil27.
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Desiccated coconut – 1/3 cup (Freshly grated cocunut can also be used)
- Granulated sugar – 1/2 cup
- coconut milk powder- 1/4 cup
- Thick yogurt – 1/2 cup
- Milk at room temperature -1/2 cup
- Any vegetable oil – 1/2 cup
- vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda -1/4 teaspoon
Salt a pinch
– Mix all purpose flour, coconut milk powder,baking powder & soda and keep aside. Preheat the oven at 175 degrees temperature for 10 minutes.
-In a mixing bowl, add sugar, oil and yogurt and whisk well until frothy or creamy. Then add vanilla extract and half the milk. Give it a fine stir.
-Now mix the dry ingredients with the wet mixture and add a pinch of salt. Mix gently by cut and fold method. To adjust the batter, if needed add the remaining milk and give it a nice stir.
– Pour the cake batter into the greased and lined baking mould. Tap it gently and bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 175 degrees. The Cake Browns fast. To avoid that after 10 minutes cover the mould with aluminium foil and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes, until it passes the tooth pick test. Place the cake within the mould for 10 minutes and then transfer it to wire rack. It has a crumbly texture but a soft and moist cake.
Enjoy eating the marvel !!