SPIDER’S WEB VANILLA CAKE (EGGLESS)
This is the basic eggless vanilla cake with a spider’s web design,It’s always interesting if we do something innovative and new. So I tried this and it came out perfect in the first trial & looks good……ofcourse no doubt, it’s delicious too. If you try something new & the end result is good then that’s the happiest day to crown yourself as kitchen Queen, don’t wait for outsiders to give recognition…….gently pat your back and thank God for everything. Happiness is inside you……😃😃crowning speech 😉.
If you love this then scroll down to click like button and send me your valuable comments. Do tag me on Instagram @Abysenthil27.
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- corn flour – 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Any vegetable oil -1/2 cup
- Yogurt – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 3 to 4 tablespoons
- vanilla essence – 1 tablespoon
- Cocoa powder -1 tablespoon
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
Baking soda-1/2 teaspoon
– Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Mix all purpose flour and corn flour, keep aside.
– In a mixing bowl, add yogurt and sugar and whisk well. Add baking powder and soda and let it rest for 3 minutes. After that, you can see the mixture is slightly frothy. Add vanilla essence and oil. Mix well.
– Now it’s time to add the flour mixture slowly to the wet ingredients mixture and stir gently. If needed, add milk spoon by spoon to adjust the batter consistency.
-Divide the batter into two halves. In one half add cocoa powder and mix well.
-Grease the baking tray with butter and dust it with all purpose flour. First pour a ladle of plain batter.Then gently add a ladle of cocoa mixed batter on top, allowing it to spread evenly. Likewise add the batter in the alternate pouring method, so you can form the ripples of the batter. Using a tooth pick, gently drag from the centre,in a straight line with 1 inch gap. Now it looks like a web.
-Bake it in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes , until it passes the toot pick test. Let it cool. Enjoy the cake with a twist.