SPICY OVEN ROASTED PEANUTS
Snacking is in my blood, so at the most I try to make it healthy. That’s how I ended up preparing this spicy roasted peanuts / kadalai pakoda in the oven with just two teaspoons of oil. This guilt free roasted peanuts can be prepared within 30 minutes and are good accompaniments for variety rice and especially curd rice. Here today the climate is cloudy and drizzling, so thought of preparing this and had it with evening tea.
If you love this post then don’t forget to click like button and tag me on Instagram @Abysenthil27.
🔸Raw peanuts – 1 cup
🔸 Gram flour/ Besan – 2 tablespoons
🔸 Red chilli powder – 1/2 teaspoon
🔸 coriander powder – 1/4 teaspoon
🔸 Garlic powder -1/4 teaspoon (If not add crushed garlic pods -2)
🔸 chat masala – 1/4 teaspoon (optional)
🔸 salt to taste
🔸 Any vegetable oil – 2 teaspoon
– Soak the peanuts for 15-20 minutes in water mixed with 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Don’t soak too much as it will take time to get roasted or might burnt if you keep so long in the oven.
– Preheat the oven at 180 degrees.
– Meanwhile mix besan with spicy powders. Add salt carefully as the peanuts have been soaked in salt water.
– After 15 minutes, drain the water completely. Now add the spicy mixture with peanuts and give it a fine stir. Then add oil and mix well.
– Spread the mixture on the lined baking tray and bake it for 10 to 12 minutes. Have a check in between.
– After taking out, leave the peanuts on the tray for 5 minutes & not more than that.
– Aromatic roasted spicy peanuts are ready to have.