THEGAI PODI / COCONUT CHUTNEY POWDER
This is a multipurpose chutney powder can be added with rice, poha,idli, dosa and upma. This versatile podi is one of our favourites and it has a permanent space in the fridge and can be prepared with a very few key ingredients like coconut, split urad dal and red chillies. This is a best alternate for coconut chutney, kids friendly.
If you love this recipe and intend to prepare then scroll down a bit to click the like button and tag me on Instagram @ Abysenthil27
- Freshly grated coconut – 2 cups
- Split unhulled urad dal – 1/4 cup
- chana dal – 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Red chilli- 8 to 10
- A small piece of tamarind
- salt to taste
– Get ready with the mise en place.
– Heat a pan add a teaspoon of oil and roast the urad dal, chana dal and red chillies seperately. Then fry tamarind. Add grated coconut and switch off the flame. In that heat itself it gets fried till it’s becoming dry, don’t allow to change the color. Allow it to cool.
– Grind the red chillies first with salt . Then to that add roasted dal and then finally add coconut. Keep it in an airtight container and refrigerate. It can be stored for 3 months with proper handling like don’t keep outside for too long and not to use wet spoon.