karuvepillai / curry leaves podi
This is another herbal podi/powder which has many health benefits and everyone knew that it’s a magical green leaves loaded with nutrients and an unique flavor. We prepare podi dosa out of it & name it as Desi zatar dosa. In a hurry you just mix this podi with rice and temper it….instant karuvepillai Sadam/rice ready. If I’m lazy to buy green leafy vegetable then my immediate solution is karuvepillai rice to satisfy my green cravings for that day. Even if I don’t have curry leaves then I sprinkle some to my dishes for additional flavor.
If you like this magical recipe then click like button & tag me on Instagram @Abysenthil27.
- Curry leaves – 1 cup, tightly packed
- split unhulled urad dal – 2 tablespoons
- Red chili – 5 to 6
- Asafoetida- 1/4 teaspoon
- A small piece of tamarind
- salt to taste
– First wash & dry the curry leaves well.
– In a pan dry roast urad dal, red chili & then curry leaves separately and don’t allow the color of the leaves to change.you can also microwave the curry leaves for 2 to 3 minutes at medium low instead of roasting it.
– Grind the red chilies with salt,then add dal, tamarind & then curry leaves. Store it in an airtight container & can be used for 2 to 3 months.