SPROUTS AND POHA THALIPEETH
Thalipeeth are nutritious multigrain flat bread from the Maharastrian kitchen served with a good amount of butter,yogurt and pickle. To have my personal touch in it , I’ve added soaked poha and coarsely grounded green gram sprouts. It’s a complete meal in itself and very much filling. I’ve never ever regretted to have this delecious thalipeeth with butter……loved it a lot……needs an extra mile of walk or workout, problem solved . I’ve used readily available Thalipeeth Bhajni & I never recommend to prepare on your own as it involves a slightly long process of roasting and grinding. Basically Bhajni is a flour made of roasted Grains and pulses. Let’s prepare this and appreciate our own traditional dishes.
If you love this then scroll down to click like and follow button and post your valuable comments. Tag me on Instagram @Abysenthil27.
- Thalipeeth Bhajni -1 cup
- Flattened rice/poha/aval – 1/2 cup
- Sprouted Green gram – 1/4 cup
- Finely chopped onion & green chilli – 1
- Finely chopped coriander leaves – 2 tablespoons
- Red chilli powder & coriander powder – 1/2 tablespoon each
- Roasted cumin/ jeera powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Chat masala -‘1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder & asafoetida / hing – 1/4 teaspoon each
- White sesame seeds/til -3 tablespoons
- salt to taste
- Any vegetable oil -1/4 cup
– First wash and soak poha. Pulse the sprouted green gram and keep aside.
– In a mixing bowl, add Bhajni and all the dry ingredients and give it a nice stir.
– Now add finely chopped onion, green chilli, soaked poha and sprouts. Add required water slowly and make it into a tight dough.
-Make the dough into small balls & flatten it on the greased aluminium foil, preferably using your hands. Spread the sesame seeds genorously on top and give it a fine tap.
– Heat a thick bottomed pan/ tawa/ griddle in a medium flame and put the thalipeeth and pour a spoon full of oil and flip it to the other side after 2 minutes.
– Serve hot with butter, yogurt and pickle.
Undoubtedly it’s a complete sumptuous meal !!