TUTTI FRUTTI COOKIES – EGGLESS
Tutti Frutti cookies are an awesome tea time snack and addictive. The first thing that attracts me is the color of the tutti Frutti and the crisp & crumbly texture and still have a special place in my heart. These colorful tutti Frutti can be replaced by finely chopped dry fruits and nuts. The butter and sugar mix gives the crumbly texture to these cookies.
I’m sure you’re going to bake these cookies ASAP. So make sure to click the like button and share your comments and tag me on Instagram @ Abysenthil27.
💥 All purpose flour – 1 1/4cup
💥 Full cream milk powder or custard powder – 1 tablespoon ( completely optional)
💥 Butter , softened – 1/2 cup
💥 Castor sugar – 1/3 cup, you can add more
💥 Tutti Frutti -4 to 5 tablespoons
💥 3 to 4 tablespoons milk or add as required
💥 Vanilla extract – 1 tablespoon
💥 Baking powder -1/8 teaspoon
– In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar using hand blender/ whisk until it becomes creamy and it takes about 5 to 6 minutes. Add vanilla extract. You can also add lemon/ orange zest, but I didn’t.
– Add flour sieved with baking powder and mix well. To adjust the dough consistency add milk spoon by spoon , if needed. Now add tutti frutti and give it a fine stir.
– Roll the dough into log shaped and cling wrap it and refregirate for 20 to 30 minutes.
– After 30 minutes, cut the log into slices of 1/2 inch thickness and arrange them on the lined or greased baking tray.
– Bake it in the preheated oven at 180 degrees C for 12 to 15 minutes. Once done the cookies are soft, but as it cools down completely then it becomes crispy.
Enjoy your evening….relishing these Karachi biscuits with ginger tea.