CARROT CAPSICUM RICE
Bell peppers are the most wanted veggie in our household and if I’ve got all the colors then it’s a celebration. Carrot Capsicum rice is another one pot meal which satisfies the day’s need in every criteria and they’re rich sources of antioxidants and vitamin C. To prepare this dish we need a multi purpose powder which you can use it for preparing carrot rice, vaangi bath and can be added to beet stir fry or beans poriyal, to enhance the taste and flavor of the dish. So I used to have this powder in store….so handy.
If you love this relishing rice then please do click like and follow buttons and post me your valuable comments and tag me on Instagram at Abysenthil27.
Cooked Rice – 1 1/2 cup
Carrot and all color bell peppers , Finely chopped -1 1/2cup
Multi- purpose powder – 3 to 4 tablespoons
Roasted peanuts,coarsely powdered – 1/4 cup
Mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin seeds/ Jeera – 1/2 teaspoon
Curry leaves, a sprig
salt to taste
FOR PREPARING THE POWDER
pigeon peas split / toor dal -4 tablespoons
Bengal gram split/ chana dal – 1 tablespoon
Red chilli – 8 to 10 numbers
Coriander seeds – 2 teaspoons
cumin seeds / jeera – 1 teaspoon
Black pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
- Dry roast all the ingredients given to prepare the powder. Grind and store it in an airtight container.
- Cook the rice and allow it to cool.
- Heat a deep pan or kadai and pour 2 tablespoon of any vegetable oil, I prefer coconut oil which gives unique taste & flavor and splutter mustard and cumin. Then add finely cubed carrot and sauté for 2 minutes. Then add finely chopped bell peppers and sauté well until it’s half boiled, let the crunchiness be there.
- Now add the cooked rice and the multi purpose powder, curry leaves and give it a fine stir. Don’t cook too much after adding the rice.
- Finally have a lavish sprinkle of peanuts. Serve with chips/ fryums and raita.