VALLARAI KEERAI ( CENTELLA) /BRAHMI LEAVES DOSA
This is a green coloured herbal dosa which has more medicinal value. It helps to improve the memory power and good for the nervous system. It’s very difficult to make yummy recipes with this green leafy vegetable. I still remember ….my mom used to make chutney/ thuvaiyal which we hate at that time. Now knowing the medicinal value, I thought of making dosa …the most favourite in our family and we never felt bored eating dosa, at anytime of the day. So I used to prepare many vegetable infused dosas like pumpkin dosa, bottle gourd dosa, beetroot dosa and even puffed rice dosa.
If you really like this then click the like and follow buttons and post your valuable comments and tag your dosa pic on Instagram at Abysenthil27.
☘ Idli /Dosa batter – 2 cups
☘ Vallarai Keerai / Brahmi leaves – 1 1/2 cup
☘ Green chilli – 1
☘ Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
– Idli/ dosa batter is available ready made in Indian groceries.If you want to prepare on your own, then soak 1 cup of idli rice and 1/4 cup of whole White urad dal with 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds and grind it well. Add salt and mix well. Allow it to ferment overnight or 7 to 8 hours.
– Grind the Vallarai / brahmi leaves with green chilli and cumin.
– Add this mixture to the fermented idli/ dosa batter.
– Heat a thick bottomed tawa or griddle and spread the batter into dosa and cook well on both the sides.
– Serve hot with spicy garlic/ tomato onion/onion chutney.