PUDINA/ MINT PULAO
I always love greens when it comes to vegetables especially green leafy veggies…..one way or other I use them in my dishes. We honor them by having “Green’s Day ” on every Saturday apart from having them two other days a week . Pudina/ mint pulao is a one pot meal, with corn kernels and green peas added to its beauty. Fresh mint leaves add flavor and nutrition to many different recipes inspite of its distinctively spicy taste and aroma.
if you feel refreshing then do click the like and follow buttons and send me your valuable comments. Do tag your pulao picture on Instagram at Abysenthil27.
- Fresh mint leaves- 2 cups
- Rice – 1 cup (Basmati rice is up to your preference)
- Onion, sliced lengthwise- 1 cup (2 nos)
- Green peas and corn kernels- 1/2 cup each ( Fresh or frozen can be used)
- Green chillies – 2
- Cumin seeds / Jeera – 1 tablespoon
- Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 tablespoon
- Thick coconut milk – 3/4 cup
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Bay leaf – 1
- cinnamon stick – 2 inch piece
- Cloves – 3
- Green cardamom – 2
- salt as per taste
- Wash and soak the rice for minimum 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile slice the onions lengthwise.
- Make a paste by grinding mint leaves, green chilies, jeera and add turmeric powder, to avoid color change. Don’t add water.
- Heat a thick bottomed pan / cooker and pour two tablespoons of oil and add the whole garam masala.
- Once it’s started spluttering then add onion and sauté well until it becomes translucent, then add ginger garlic paste and the mint mixture.
- Drain out the water from rice and add it to the pan/ cooker along with green peas & corn.
- Now add coconut milk and 1 1/4 cup of water and salt. The total water content for cooking this rice shouldn’t exceed 2 cups. Allow it to cook in slow/ medium flame, until its done.
- If you’re using a rice cooker then leave it for 5 to 7 minutes,after a whistle in low flame.
- Serve it with any raita like carrot / cucumber/ boondi raita & some potato chips.