MIXED MILLETS PANIYARAM/ BITES
This easy to make savory bites can be a starter or an anytime snack and of course healthy. I can assure you that these bites are tasty par excellence. I’ve added Ragi, Thinai, Jowar millets with grated carrots and onions. You can add any vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, sweet corn & even green leafy vegetables of your choice.
If you like this post then do click the like button and send your valuable comments. Do tag your bites picture on Instagram at Abysenthil27.
- 1/4 cup Ragi /Finger millet flour
- 1/4 cup of Thinai/ Foxtail millet flour
- 1/4 cup of chickpea flour/ besan
- 1 tablespoon of Jowar/ maize flour
- 1/4 cup of soaked sabudhana (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of grated coconut (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of grated carrot
- 1 small sized onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of jeera powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of asafoetida/ hing
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- a pinch of baking powder
- any vegetable oil for shallow frying
- In a mixing bowl, add all the millet flours with the spices and make it into a thick batter. Allow it to rest for 15 minutes.
- Then add carrot , onion and mint leaves. Then add baking powder and if needed adjust the batter consistency.
- Heat the paniyaram pan/ Aebleskiver pan and pour 1/2 a tablespoon of oil in each cavity. Once the oil is hot pour the batter and close the pan with a lid for 2 minutes. Then flip it off and fry.
- Serve it with any chutney/ dip/ ketchup. For kids serve this with creame cheese and they’ll love it.