SPICY BREAD ROLL/ BUN
A spiced bread roll/ bun to which spices were added to make it more likable for breakfast /dinner or perfect for an evening snack to all especially for kids after school. I’ve spiced it up with garlic, chili flakes and mixed herbs, so it tastes more like garlic bread and my kid had it with butter and no doubt… it’s yummy and believe it or not this is my first attempt, the result is unbelievable …double pat on the back !!
If you like this bread roll then scroll down a little to click like & follow and also post your valuable comments. Do take a risk of tagging your bread pic on Instagram at Abysenthil27.
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup any vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon mixed herbs
- Mix the dry yeast gently with 1/ 8 cup of warm water and sugar. keep it aside for 10 minutes or until it’s creamy and frothy.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour and the spices and salt. give it a stir , then add oil and mix well. Then add warm milk and water to make it as a soft dough.
- Knead well until you get a smooth and elastic dough.Apply some oil to avoid layering and keep it in a warm place, by covering with a damp cloth and allowing it to raise well until doubled or for almost an hour.
- After an hour, take the dough and punch well to release the air. Divide the dough and make it into lemon shaped balls.
- Arrange them two inches apart on the lined or greased tray .Cover it with cling wrap or damp cloth. Again allow it to raise for almost 20 to 30 minutes.
- Now brush some milk on top of the raised balls.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes at 180 degrees or until it becomes little brown. Keep it in the middle rack of the oven, while baking.
- once its done take out and apply some butter on top.
I assure you, that these are definitely a hit and tempting to have more….. watch it!!