EGGLESS BANANA PANCAKES
Pancakes are easy to make healthy breakfast recipe…..next to sandwiches. This eggless banana pancakes are made with a special variety of banana, Nendram pazham which is widely used in South India especially Kerala and Tamil Nadu cuisine. The well known and very familiar snack made out of this type of banana is chips….readily available in all the supermarkets worldwide. It’s little thick , yellow in color with a heavenly taste …fried in coconut oil. For your reference I’ve attached the banana pic so that you could identify yourself. If you didn’t find that variety then it’s ok to prepare it with any kind of bananas but the main criteria is it should be well riped, even dark spots on the peel is very much ok for this recipe.
I know that you’re going to enjoy this pancakes and with that happiness just scroll down this page and press like, follow and send your valuable comments. Take a risk of tagging your pancake pic on Instagram at Abysenthil27.
🍌 Banana, well riped- 2 to 3 (I’ve used nendram variety)
🍌whole wheat flour – 1 cup
🍌Almond flour/ powder – 1/4 cup
🍌Demerara/ unrefined brown sugar/ powdered jaggery -3 tablespoon ( adjustable as per your taste)
🍌Honey – 1 tablespoon (optional)
🍌Milk – 1/2 cup
🍌finely chopped mixed nuts – 1/2 cup (optional)
🍌fresh grated coconut or dessicated coconut – 2 tablespoons ( optional)
🍌Melted butter/ coconut oil – 1 tablespoon
🍌Baking powder – 1/4 teaspoon
🍌salt a pinch
– Cut the well riped bananas and mash it well in the blender or food processor.
– To that add wheat flour. Wheat flour can be replaced by any gluten free flour. Then add almond flour/ powder.
– Add sugar or jaggery and mix well in the food processor. You can replace the sugar with coconut sugar and can skip adding coconut separately.
-Finely chop the nuts that includes walnut, pistachio, cashews & Almonds. I’ve also added finely chopped dry fruits like figs & raisins. Dates & cranberries can also be added. If so pls do reduce the sugar quantity.
– To make it into a pancake batter consistency add milk , if required a little water.
– Transfer it into the mixing bowl, and add salt, butter, mixed nuts if you want, then finally add baking powder.
– Heat a tawa or griddle , smear some oil or butter and pour the batter into small pancakes at low flame. Cover it with a lid and allow it to boil for 2 minutes and then slowly flip it to the other side.
– Serve this utterly delicious….healthiest….fruit infused simple pancakes with honey or maple syrup.