SWEET CORN AND OATS PANCAKE (SAVOURY)
For kids, sweet corn is always been a mesmerizing food. So I thought of incorporating sweet corn to the oats pancake which is a routine in our house. To my surprise it turns out to be the most loved pancakes in our family. I prefer to make simple,healthy and easy to make recipes & I’m posting it. I would like to take pics when the morning sunlight comes to our dining table and you can see that in most of my pics.
Hope you also love it & don’t forget to thank me 😃 by liking it & sending comments. I’m little greedy so I would also ask you to tag your pancake pic on Instagram at Abysenil27.
🍴 Oats – 1 cup
🍴 Sweet corn kernels – 1/2 cup
🍴 Thick buttermilk – 1/2 cup
🍴 Onion, finely chopped – 1 small or medium size
🍴 Grated carrot – 2 tablespoons
🍴 Finely chopped green bell pepper – 2 tablespoons
🍴 Red chilli powder and coriander powder & jeera powder -1/4 teaspoon
🍴Coriander leaves / cilantro , finely chopped – 1 teaspoon
🍴 Salt as per taste
🍴 Any vegetable oil, preferably extra virgin olive oil
– First make a coarse powder of oats by grinding it in a mixer for 1 or 2 minutes.
– Boil the corn kernels and filter the water and grind well into a coarse paste.
– In a mixing bowl, mix powdered oats, corn paste and buttermilk and whisk gently.
– Then add onions, vegetables, salt and all the spices and mix well. Adjust the batter consistency by adding required amount of water.
– Heat a griddle or tawa in a low flame,spread some oil and pour the batter into small pancakes and cover it with a lid. Let it boil for 2 minutes and then flip it.
– Serve hot with any dip/ chutney/ ketchup. I’ve prepared mint chutney and it goes very well with this, and also green craving of me get solved.