SPINACH SWEET POTATO PANCAKE
Spinach and sweet potato what a combo!! Highly nutritious pancakes ever. My mission is to help you cook and eat the healthiest way for optimal health. And this dish will definitely help me to achieve that. Several recent studies have shown the superior ability of sweet potatoes which is a great source of beta-carotene.
If you like this post then scroll down a little to like me and write your valuable comments. Not only that , please do tag the picture of pancake you make on Instagram at Abysenthil27.
💠Chick pea flour / besan – 1 cup
💠sweet potato – 1 small size or 100gms
💠Spinach – 150 gms
💠Cabbage and carrot , shredded – 1/4 cup each
💠Finely chopped green chilli – 1
💠Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 tablespoon
💠coriander leaves / cilantro -1 table spoon,finely chopped
💠 Red chilli powder -1/2 teaspoon ( optional)
💠Baking powder – 1/4 teaspoon
💠salt and pepper for seasoning.
– First blanch the spinach by putting it in the boiling water with a pinch of salt and sugar for a minute or two. Then chop it finely.keep aside.
– Like wise boil the sweet potato ,peel it and mash well.
– In a mixing bowl, add chickpea flour, spinach, mashed sweet potato, shredded carrot and cabbage , ginger garlic paste and give it a stir. Then all the spices, baking powder, salt and pepper and then add water to have a batter consistency.
– Heat a griddle or tawa and pour the batter and pour some olive oil on top. Once it’s done then flip it and cook it in a low flame.
– Serve it with cut vegetables and chutney/ dip / ketchup
– You can use this as patties for burger and can prepare desi burger.