ORANGE LOAF CAKE
This is a flavourful, soft and light loaf cake, which reminded me of the orange cream biscuits, back in India. I wanted to have without frosting. You can even frost it with orange whipped cream. I’ve made this orange cake with wholewheat flour and all purpose flour mixture, so that the texture is so good. As its infused with orange, I consider this as a healthy one. Moreover instead of sugar I’ve baked this with jaggery which gives a different flavour and helps to maintain the moisture of the cake. Using the same recipe you can bake orange muffins.
If you love this, then do like and post comment and also you can tag your picture of the cake on Instagram at Abysenthil27
💢whole wheat flour -1/2 cup
💢All purpose flour – 1/2 cup
💢corn flour – 1 tablespoon
💢Fresh orange juice / readily available juice -3/4 cup
💢Powdered jaggery – 1/2 cup
(You can use regular fine sugar or Demerara )
💢Any vegetable oil – 1/4 cup
💢Orange zest -1/2 teaspoon
💢Baking powder – 1/2 teaspoon
💢Baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon
💢 a pinch of salt
– In a mixing bowl, add sugar and oil and beat well using electric or hand beater into a creamy consistency and then add powdered jaggery / sugar. Then add orange juice and stir very well.
– If you’re using the fresh juice then don’t keep it for a long time, prepare the juice just before adding it to the mixture to avoid bitterness.
– Now add the flour mixture and orange zest. This itself gives a good orange flavour. But if you need add 1/4 teaspoon of orange essence.
– Mix everything very well and there shouldn’t be any lumps.
– Pour this mixture into the lined or greased loaf pan. Tap well, so that excess air bubbles are released.
– Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and bake the cake for 30 to 35 minutes which might vary depending on the oven. Have a check on every 5 minutes after it reached 25 minutes.
– Enjoy this aromatic fruit infused loaf cake with tea.