BARLEY SPINACH PATTIES – BAKED VERSION
it’s a power packed healthy snack. Barley is an under rated cereal grain which contains some impressive health benefits composed of dietary fiber, vitamin B1 and minerals like manganese, phosphorus etc. Moreover this snack has spinach in it which is not only Popeye’s energy booster but also for us. so we can call this as “Popeye’s patties”.
we can shallow fry this as well. Both the ways its tasty and healthier. if you all like this recipe please do like and send me your generous comments and also tag your patties pic on Instagram at Abysenthil27.
- Barley – 1 cup
- Potato -1 large size
- Spinach, finely chopped – 1 cup tightly packed
- Onion, finely chopped -1 number
- Finely chopped ginger & garlic- 1l2 tablespoon
- green chili, finely chopped – 1 ( optional)
- Red chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Jeera powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam Masala -1/4 tablespoon
- Roasted powdered peanut – 2 tablespoon
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- olive oil
- Soak Barley for an hour and boil it well in the cooker, leaving 7 to 8 whistles.
- Boil the potato and mash it well with the barley.
- In a frying pan, heat a tablespoon of olive oil and sauté jeera,ginger, garlic and green chillies & onions, red chili powder & then add chopped spinach and fry for few minutes. once the greens get shrunk, then add it to the potato barley mixture.
- Add roasted peanut powder.
- Now season it with required salt and pepper.
- At any time to adjust the consistency, you can add bread crumbs or corn starch.
- Bake the patties in the preheated oven for 20 -25 mins at 180 degree C or shallow fry the patties until golden brown.
- Shallow frying the patties also tastes good.
- serve hot with any dip or ketch up of your choice.
- Eat healthy & live healthy